Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Helix was a FirstClass BBS as well. It was my first real virtual home.

Sanctuary and M.A.G.I.C. sound familar...

:cool:

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Yup. nice review.

Found a grammatical error to look at in the Conclusion page... an erroneous letter "a" snuck in, it would seem...

While that might be close to the truth, the iScoot is a one of the most useful products for an Apple PowerMac G3/4 that you will come across.

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Chealion giggled:
ehMac - The new official board that includes threads where people edit EnvyNews's reviews!!
Hehe... I've been doing that sort of impulse-editing since my Helix/MacSense days... Some habits are just impossible to break...

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Good review so far. although my editing senses tingled on the 3rd page..

The iPod Armor case gives me piece of mind having a complete hard shell protecting my beloved iPod, while still giving it a pretty cool appearance.
Probably would want to have peace of mind instead

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Lars commented:
Not to shatter your glass, but doing a Mac-news site is not a good idea. The sheer competition of news of other Mac sites that do the samething; you need a clear objective: Why would people want to your site over MacCentral?
Well, with a successful PC site (which would have to compete in a much tougher market) Neil's Envy News site does have a different slant from many of the others. As well, building off of the success of Envy News is certainly a good step.

Besides, MacCentral only does news. If this new site does more, such as Envy-quality reviews of top notch hardware like EnvyNews, but with a Mac perspective, I don't see how it would be in direct competition with MacCentral.

· Registered
1,060 Posts
It's quite probable that it does. I know I was blown away with the results I saw.

Although you did bring up quite a valid point. A pure "News" site for Mac in this wacky Internet of ours wouldn't really have alot of pull. It has to stand out.

envymac will stand out. Trust me. The amount of stuff already waiting for it's debut will certainly provide a solid foundation for this venture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.