Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...um...anyone else noticed Intel's latest ad campaign?

I saw an ad this morning for their new mobile technology? Their website isn't updated yet (although they say check back at 9am eastern time).

Interesting...

·
Canadian By Choice
117,352 Posts
VGG, I have been seeing brief clips of the Intel ads, but it promises to "change the way we view the world", so I am a bit skeptical. I am one of those persons that felt that the Segway was a great let down.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,352 Posts
VGG, in today's business section of the Globe and Mail, there is a full page on this technology. At first I thought it was an article, until I realized that it was an ad from Intel.

I also read that MacDonalds in the US is going to equip certain of it's stores with Wi-fi for the patrons that eat there. Next, they will provide Wi-fi cards in every Happy Meal. :D

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
The *really* interesting thing about Centrino isn't the WiFi chip integration (which is just band-waggoning - been there, done that), but the fact that Intel, in their own ads, states that the laptops powered by the 1.6 GHz Centrino chip will "outperform" 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 Mobility chips! Megahertz myth....

Apple has a great opportunity to "de-ride" the Centrino hype. Apple G3/G4 laptops have had a significant portable performance advantage over leaden PC laptops (unlike the desktops). Finally, Centrino is playing some catch-up (in 802.11b support, battery life and actual performance).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts