Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am using the Mac described in my signature and would like to install X11 from my two system disks without starting an install of all software on my computer from scratch. I want to use GIMPShop but it warns not to use the download of X11 from Apple's website, any reason I shouldn't? How do I install from the disks? Any help is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Installing just X11

I can't remember if the directory on the Tiger install DVD which has the installation packages is invisible or not. There is probably a package which just has "X11" in it's name. Double Click on it.
You can use TinkerTool to make folders temporarily visible.

Cheers - Terry

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
I can't remember if the directory on the Tiger install DVD which has the installation packages is invisible or not. There is probably a package which just has "X11" in it's name. Double Click on it.
You can use TinkerTool to make folders temporarily visible.

Cheers - Terry
Could also be called Developers Tools. I am not sure but I believe you will have to use something like TinkerTools to find the .pkg file. Mac OS install disks will generally not allow anything but a complete erase/install if the system has been updated.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vexel to the rescue as usual...thanks worked like a charm! Just have to figure out how to print now....:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.