Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was refered to these people by a friend of mine: Infonec

Mainly because they have a A06 drive for $335. Anyone heard or deal with these people. It's a great price, and I just want to make sure I'm not getting scammed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its a large dealer, for the PC crowd. I have been watching their prices for many years. They are regular advertisers in such computer magazines as: Toronto Computes, The Computer Paper, and Canada Computes. I have not personally dealt with them, however, I have never heard anything negative about them. I use to own a small PC computer business, (please forgive me), and they were one of the companies I use to watch because of their reasonable prices.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They are legit. I buy stuff from them at their Markham location. It is a little wee place. Call ahead to make sure they have stock before you head out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's actually the only PC supplier I buy from. They have great prices and the owner is super friendly. Never had a problem with them ever and I've bought thousands of dollars worth of equipment from them. I have reccomended them to several people I know and they've all had nothing but great things to say.

The owner even went as far as to get an RMA on a Radeon 8500 that my friend had broke himself by accident.

·
Registered
13 Posts
All prices on the website are 4% cash discount. But even taking that into account they still have good prices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Infonec

I just bought a LaCie disk from them. They had the best price and they delivered within one week of my order.

5 stars to them!;)

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
All prices on the website are 4% cash discount.
AKA there is a 4% surcharge if you want to use a charge card.

{edit} Oh FFS -- another thread resurrection from the distant past. Jack -- that's a 5 year old thread you replied to.

At least there's a bit of amusement value to see that DVD drives now cost about 90% less than they were in 2003.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Infonec

True that this thread is old, but this is how I found out about this store.
So I guess a little advertising for a good place is better than no advertising for bad stores that take your money and never send what you ordered.

Probably if more people did what I did, there wouldn't be as many bad people.

That's my two cents ....

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'll add my name to the positive experience list with Infonec. I bought my mac mini upgrade drive from them about 2 months ago. Good prices, good service, nice store.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts