Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there-
I am using Adobe InDesign CS (original CS version: 3.0.1 (not CS3)) on a G4 Powerbook. I suddenly started having problems placing images. When I would click ‘place’ or ‘Cmd D’ InD would freeze up. I couldn’t do anything other than do a force quit. I tried several times, restarted etc. but nothing has worked. It seems that anything that requires it to ‘go and look somewhere on the Hard Drive causes this to happen. So if I try and open an existing document it freezes etc.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it?
Thanks a lot.:confused:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HELP!! does anyone have any ideas??
i am desperate! have a deadline of 8:30 am and haven't figured anything else out...

I have re-installed the program, but the problem continues.

It seems to be similar to problems that I used to have with Quark back in pre-OSX days-currupt preferance file. It would fix it to throw out the program preferances and then it would be ok.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
F*%#
stupid computer!
-my sad tale:
so, I am vacationing 2.5 hours from home with my wife in a nice B&B, i have a little bit of work to do to meet a deadline... no big deal, I think... but when i sit down to do it My InDesign program suddenly has issues... I tried everything, re-installed it, deleated preferances, turned off all the fonts, all that i had left to do was re-install the OS as HowEver suggested via the Adobe forum... then i think, well, at home i have a clone of my Hard Drive as a back-up which i did just before leaving, InD worked then so i could just re-boot from the external and get my work done. so at 1:00am after hoping someone would be able to give a suggestions that worked, (which is obvious now why no had an idea that worked...)
it turns out that the problem was that I had been working on my laptop with a second monitor attached, so the window that pops up when you 'place' a photo, or 'open' a document was on the second monitor- so as soon as i was home and attached to the second monitor, there it was!!! Geeze i feel stupid!!!
:eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
F*%#
stupid computer!
-my sad tale:
so, I am vacationing 2.5 hours from home with my wife in a nice B&B, i have a little bit of work to do to meet a deadline... no big deal, I think... but when i sit down to do it My InDesign program suddenly has issues... I tried everything, re-installed it, deleated preferances, turned off all the fonts, all that i had left to do was re-install the OS as HowEver suggested via the Adobe forum... then i think, well, at home i have a clone of my Hard Drive as a back-up which i did just before leaving, InD worked then so i could just re-boot from the external and get my work done. so at 1:00am after hoping someone would be able to give a suggestions that worked, (which is obvious now why no had an idea that worked...)
it turns out that the problem was that I had been working on my laptop with a second monitor attached, so the window that pops up when you 'place' a photo, or 'open' a document was on the second monitor- so as soon as i was home and attached to the second monitor, there it was!!! Geeze i feel stupid!!!
:eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.