Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my order with Apple Canada, and I again discussed the subject of the "Improve Your Image" offer with the Apple Store. (ending July 10) The discrepancy is that the Apple web page states- "buy any Mac and get a free printer", as does the ordering sequence... you choose the options you want with your Powermac, push the "continue" button, and are allowed to add the Canon printer. BUT! When you finally complete your order, and download the rebate pdf form, you see that the form does not list a Powermac as being one of the eligible machines for that printer offer.

I spent nearly an hour today with Apple Canada, tried to reach their rebate department (got a machine, not a real person), and finally had an Apple Store rep speak to his supervisor. The bottom line is, they are aware of the discrepancy, and cannot guarantee that the rebate will come through for Powermac purchases!! I mentioned that this is the second time I'd called about this matter, and that the first rep told me that, despite the rebate form wording, Powermacs were included. But now they weren't so sure.

When I mentioned that this will affect many more people than just myself, they said they would deal with it on a case by case basis. So, if you bought a Powermac from the online Apple Canada Store, and you added the free Canon printer offer to your order, you need to call in and express concern about the rebate form discrepancy. Make it clear that you were baited by the "any Mac" wording, and are concerned by the downloadable pdf rebate wording that contradicts the offer.

Don't be surprised to see the "any Mac" wording change on Apple's web site after the fuss I created on the phone today. Or, better yet, perhaps they'll change the pdf form to include "any Mac" as being eligible.

Sorry for the long post, but it seems rather important. I don't want any of us to be stuck with a $149.00 printer that we thought was free.

-GW

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I was at the promo site a couple times today, the first time it said it was expired, the second time said that it was extended to the 10th.
Both times it said "Buy a qualifying Mac.." In bold big letters, and "Purchase a mac..." in smaller below it.

Probably just misread it !

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to the Apple Canada web site. Click on the Apple Store, scroll down, there it says at the bottom...
"Sharpen Your Image, Buy any Mac and get a Canon color printer free."

Then, after you configure your Mac, push continue and you come to the second page in the ordering sequence, which says...
"Special Offer - Improve Your Image. Buy any Apple Macintosh and a qualifying Canon Color Printer and save $150 after mail-in rebate. Offer is valid from May 15, 2003 through July 10, 2003."

'Nuff said?

-GW

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
ahhhhh!
I always check at www.apple.ca/promo for all the promotions that are going on!

They have it right there, or it would appear!

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Earlier I posted about the printer being available for Powermacs, because an Apple Store rep said they were, and I also posted about the offer extending until July 10th. After hearing them say that they couldn't guarantee that the rebate would be offered for Powermacs, I felt guilty. I know I'd be annoyed about a $149.00 rebate that was refused.

But the Apple Store did admit that it was at fault for implying "any Mac", so hopefully those of us that ordered but hadn't read through the promotions url that you mentioned, will not get stuck with the price of a printer.

That's my hope at least, and the reason for my long-winded blabbering.

-GW

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I would hope that they would honor their blunder, but everybody makes mistakes and they probably have some clause or something that they are not liable for misprints etc. I guess time will tell on this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts