Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mac universe, I was last asking a question about an issue with iMovie stalling during use back in August. I can't find that thread to add to. It was suggested that I update. So I did, I updated the OS to Yosemite and have updated iMovie several times since. I was able to complete the video I was working on last month (I don't find the new version as user friendly). I have been trying to finalize the video this month. "Finalize" isn't a thing in the Yosemite version of iMovie, just "share". So I've tried multiple times to share to a "file" or "youtube". None have worked. I get a message after it goes through its process "exporting (file name) has failed, the operation could not be completed". What gives? It goes through the whole song and dance just to tell me it can't do it.

·
tilting at windmills
3,667 Posts
What a coincidence! I had the exact same issue yesterday. For the first time in my life, I tried to create a YouTube channel and "share" a video from iMovie to Youtube, and it worked for a while and then gave me the same error.

Googling this took me to a few Apple discussion groups where people had the same issue and there was no resolution.

So, I just gave up and "shared" with Vimeo instead, and that works fine, except that I cannot upload a 1080p video. Even if my settings say 1080p, it only uploads a 720p video.

I am guessing it's because Google and Apple are no longer BFFs?

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts