Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that heavy duty video is most likely out of the question for the ibook but for short video's etc is it really that bad?

i'm just looking for an affordable way to do stuff while on the road, photography, simple movies etc..

anyone with an ibook that does this?

thanks!

·
Registered
433 Posts
the ibook rocks for stuff like that. i have a 600 mhz 12" with 256 megs and that's very adequate for making vids.

check my website for examples: my .mac page

only two up, but i've made about 8 vids and am in the process of making a new one right now!

have fun, Phil

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phil, amazing work! both ur vids and photo's

And you did that in an ibook. I'm sold for one now

I have an emac at home and do video on on that platform.
I have a feeling that the apple salesman wanted me to get something more expensive for a portable perhaps.

Thanks for your feedback!!

btw, u can check out some of my photo's too if you want

thanks!

[email protected] web page

·
Premium Member
30,886 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
emceepj/phil.... nice work dude. What are you using? DV wise? Looking to bang out similar clips.

You have some tight tastes. I also have the inner city life joint you're poppin on the soundtrack. Nice track. BTW, what kind of music do you spin dude?

·
Registered
433 Posts
UPDATE: just added a new vid. :D

thanks guys!

ohenri: i don't even have a DV cam. i take them out of the A/V crib @ school. but i just use iMovie and my 600 iBook. 'cept for the new 'colaboration' video. i used final cut pro for the transparency.

well, i spin mostly house and a little bit of electro. but my music tastes are super varied (you should look at my iTunes library.).

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
just remember, any machine that is OSX compatible will do iMovie, it just depends on how fast you want it..

Phil.. does excellent work.. /me tips his hat to Phil

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Phil, you're running only 256 Megs? Comforting. I'm about to drop another 256 in mine. I've never used either iMovie or FCP but what is rendering like? Is FCP hard to use? I need not anything too crazy...

House eh? Nice. Big fan - esp the soulful type. I used to spin but decided to retire - too much vinyl - too little space - too little time - run a small label/management co in the mean time. But I still own 1200s (3). Go figure, as I almost bought another pair a few weeks ago. Oh well...

Anyhow dude, I'll will go peep the new movie. Cheers!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Phil: I forgot to ask, do you do your editing in OSX or in OS9?

·
Registered
433 Posts
greekguy: os x, imovie 3.0.1

ohenri: yup 256, but gonna drop a 512 in there in may. :D FCP was.... interesting. all i wanted to do was transparencies, so first i imported the clips thru imovie, then into FCP, did the transparencies, rendered, then back into imovie to do final edits. if you've got a general knowledge of imovie, then you'll be ok to start in FCP.

Phil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts