Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So turns out I need to make a quick commercial on my mac, but i've never used iMovie before.

Problem being I need to have it done within a very short time constraint.

It's just going to be basic cutting, arranging, adding music (fading in an out), and possibly adding text over video.

Can I also import video from a camcorder using iMovie as well?

Sorry if these are all very basic questions i'm just in a bit of a time crunch, thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's very easy to use, so you'll have no problem creating something in your time constraints. For example, I shot something one day and had it all edited down and burned to DVD using iDVD by the time night rolled around.

As long as you have a camcorder with a DV (Firewire) connection, you'll be able to import video into iMovie. It's incredibly easy. You just plug your camera in, start up iMovie, and it will see the connection and then you can start importing and it imports as seperate clips for easier editing so that you can drag and drop into your movie timeline and edit those clips as necessary.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
Select the clip you want.
Play it to the point you want the cut and pause.
Look for the "split movie at playhead" menu item.

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
that tutorial helped a lot, thanks!

i have one more question though, when i add a video effect to a clip, it applies then, no matter what effect i choose, it turns my video all white and i can barely see the video in the background, am I doing something wrong?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts