Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
What exactly are you trying to accomplish with a "theme" in iMovie? AFAIK, all a "theme" did was select a matching title and transition. I'm pretty sure you can do that by hand.

Besides... you could do without the cheese anyway. Just do straight cuts and simple titles. You'll thank me (and Apple) in 5 years when you look back at the videos. Trust me. ;)

A7

P.S. to Lars... in all fairness, the other threads don't talk specifically about iMovies Themes.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Now that iMovie '06 is a download from Apple's web site, then just use the previous version if iMovie '08 doesn't float your boat. Not a big deal, really.

"P.S. to Lars... in all fairness, the other threads don't talk specifically about iMovies Themes."

True. But all 3 complain about the lack of themes. ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What exactly are you trying to accomplish with a "theme" in iMovie? AFAIK, all a "theme" did was select a matching title and transition. I'm pretty sure you can do that by hand.

Besides... you could do without the cheese anyway. Just do straight cuts and simple titles. You'll thank me (and Apple) in 5 years when you look back at the videos. Trust me. ;)

A7

P.S. to Lars... in all fairness, the other threads don't talk specifically about iMovies Themes.
The themes they had were not cheesy at all, the transitions now and always were cheesy, they just look like Power Point transitions and then throught titles at that, we have a glorified MS Powerpoint movie!!

Did you ever see the themes they had?? I don't anyone thought they were cheesy, everyone I showed it to thought they were amazing hell iMovie was amazing cause of the themes...like I said now they're just like MS Video Editor and all...

Yep I'm holding on to my old iMovie until they bring the themes back....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts