Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of late, I've been downloading images off of my digital camera with iPhoto. One thing I notice is that the images brought into iPhoto are much smaller in size than when downloading them through Photoshop. A typical jpeg with quality of 12 is generally 3.5 megs in Photoshop but only about 600 k in iPhoto. Am I getting lower quality images by going through iPhoto? Maybe I should download them into Photoshop and then import them into iPhoto? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm new to iPhoto as I have just recently bought a digital camera. I'm guessing that in i Photo, it may be showing you the size of the jpeg file size where Photoshop would be showing you the image size uncompressed. someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Are you sure you are checking the proper image size in iPhoto? It creates a thumbnail, & an origional of each image. Sorry, I'm not on my machine right now to check for specifics.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked into my iPhot Library and see the two folders- thumbnails and originals. The originals are a bigger file size than the picture info states in the iPhoto window when viewing the image.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.