Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again...

I've already talk about the image quality when I'm scanning with my Epson 1260.

Found out that the pre-scanned image (the preview) is good in the TWAIN driver. It's when I close the driver and the photo viewer application launch that I see the blurred image.

It seems that the problem is the data transfer (or whatever) between the TWAIN driver application and the photo viewer application.

Is that kind of problem possible?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Ingenu,

I really wish I understood this stuff rather than just using it, but I have read that TWAIN drivers make your scan available to any TWAIN compatible application including Apple's Image Capture. The application image and the TWAIN preview should be identical.

Here's an item that might be of some value. When you zoom in on the Epson preview, the image is rescanned so you see detail that wasn't there in the first scan. In Apple's Image Capture, the pixels are just enlarged. I guess that could result in blurriness.

This is all very puzzling as you ought to be producing some very convincing images on screen.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
When you scan the image with preview, The image
captured is a very low amount of ppi.

What you need is to not close the driver, But to do a full
scan after the preview scan.
A preview scan is only meant to check orientation and
position of the image, It's possible that your application
thinks you want to use the preview image when you
close the driver.

Try scanning an image at the highest possible
resolution and then scale down the image in an image
editing program that you import it to.
I always make a high resolution image and then save it
to a C.D., That's so that later on I can make copies at
any resolution I want without using the original.

Hope this solves your problem.

Dave :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advices, but it was a hardware defect. I went to b.mac yesterday and the tested it with the same results. The guy said it was the first time he saw a scanner doing a job like this.

I got a refund and buyed an Epson 1660 : it's really faster, I can scan 35 mm slide and, best of all, it works great!

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.