Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
FWIW I phoned the Apple store in Yorkdale and asked when they would get the 2.8ghz iMac in stock. The person I talked to said they would not be stocking that model - it was available only online. Fortunately there's an authorized Apple reseller in my area so I placed my order with them.

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
Eaton Centre Apple Store also has a bunch of iMacs on display -- not sure about stock.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
FWIW I phoned the Apple store in Yorkdale and asked when they would get the 2.8ghz iMac in stock. The person I talked to said they would not be stocking that model - it was available only online. Fortunately there's an authorized Apple reseller in my area so I placed my order with them.
Apple stores won't have them, but Apple authorized retailers will? Doesn't that strike you as a bit odd? Why would this be?

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
We have 2.4 24s in stock and one open 2.8 available.

·
Red Mage
258 Posts
Just saw one in F Shop in Gloucester

G

·
I thought so too but that's what the Apple store sales rep told me.
It's not really that odd actually, do Apple retail stores do any BTO options (aside from maybe a simple ram upgrade)? I've never tried that ... I suspect they just carry straight stock of fast moving items. No one wants to sit on stock of the most expensive options in retail, not even Apple :D

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Carbon Computing - Kitchener & Toronto
http://www.carbonation.com
New iMac on Display

http://carbonation.com/sales/index.html#imac
iMac in Aluminum and Glass

Site lists:
Intel Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme
iMac 2.8GHz, 2GB, 500GB, 8x DL SD, AirPort, BT, iSight, 256MB Video, 24" $2,449
iMac 2.4GHz, 1GB, 320GB, 8x DL SD, AirPort, BT, iSight, 256MB Video, 24” $1,899
iMac 2.4GHz, 1GB, 320GB, 8x DL SD, AirPort, BT, iSight, 256MB Video, 20” $1,599
iMac 2.0GHz, 1GB, 250GB, 8x DL SD, AirPort, BT, iSight, 128MB Video, 20” $1,299

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's not really that odd actually, do Apple retail stores do any BTO options (aside from maybe a simple ram upgrade)? I've never tried that ... I suspect they just carry straight stock of fast moving items. No one wants to sit on stock of the most expensive options in retail, not even Apple :D
The iMac is available in a 'stock' 2.8ghz configuration so it's not a 'bto' option - that's the odd part of it all.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
The iMac is available in a 'stock' 2.8ghz configuration so it's not a 'bto' option - that's the odd part of it all.
That is not actually true, Apple does list it on there web page as a "stock config" but when you order it from Apple it is a BTO or CTO, what that means is that there are not boxes of those to ship out and each one has to be specially made for each order.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That is not actually true, Apple does list it on there web page as a "stock config" but when you order it from Apple it is a BTO or CTO, what that means is that there are not boxes of those to ship out and each one has to be specially made for each order.
AHA! I actually didn't get as far as pressing the 'order' button, that explains it - thanks Trevor! I guess I'm stuck waiting for my local dealer to get their stock from Apple. BooHoo! This is almost as bad/slow as waiting for Nikon when they announce a new product. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts