Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,426 Posts
Apple just seems so out of touch these days. Even there new big launch of the iPod for education. Schools are constantly under the crunch to curb spending and here is a device that costs 3x or 4x times that of a Chrome book that is already being used in the education system and is working well (from what I have heard from friends who are teachers as well as parents with children who have a Chrome book).

I guess though really it is I who is out of touch as Apple just keeps making money. I really would love to see a decline in their sales, something to make them pause for a moment and think about what they are doing and releasing. I am guessing it costs them nothing more to produce the keyboard and mouse in black, but they know the cult like following they still have so see an opportunity to capitalize on that.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Overpriced.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
and the clock is ticking on for the mac mini and pro

·
Super Moderator
1,751 Posts
I've been waiting for a Mini refresh so I can replace my iMac which is on life support. Heck, I've been waiting since way before it went on life support.

Methinks they should spin off Apple Computers, and allow them to focus on what they used to be great at.

·
Premium Member
17,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd forgotten about the Pro and Tim Cook's assurance that 2018 would see the release of a new Pro design. I guess they're probably going to wait until the June Apple Developer's Conference....?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I'd forgotten about the Pro and Tim Cook's assurance that 2018 would see the release of a new Pro design. I guess they're probably going to wait until the June Apple Developer's Conference....?
Probably after September.

·
Premium Member
15,812 Posts
Overpriced.
$30 for a space grey finish is a pure cash grab. They don't charge more for space grey watches, or phones.

My mind just boggles at times at Apple and some consumers, and especially considering that one could have the same thing or better for maybe $20.00± total for some good quality paint aerosols and some fineline masking tape.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Glad I didn't wait. i have the Matias keyboard in Space Grey.. works amazingly. battery last for a month..
i recently sold that one and upgraded to the Matias backlit version..

·
Premium Member
5,426 Posts
Just read on CNET that Apple is now saying the Mac Pro is a 2019 product.

Maybe Apple needs to stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just make a product that works for a reasonable price. The Last form factor before the Tube was fantastic. Easy upgrades, still looks fantastic though they could change it slightly to give it a fresh newer look pretty easily in that form factor. This is again the problem with Apple since Steve Jobs passed away. No longer a balance of form and function, Apple has gone towards form and ignores function.

I have a new (refurb) 13" MacBook Pro. Great little computer, I wanted something smaller for travelling but it is hard to classify this as a pro computer with the limitations this machine has. At very least one should be able to add a hard drive/flash drive and RAM to upgrade their machine.

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-new-mac-pro-is-coming-in-2019/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts