Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

A friend of mine is considering buying a 15 ' Imac FP next January. I seem to remember that the next revision of that machine is due in the next few weeks. Is that right?? When was the last upgrade? Is the 15' FP still in Apple's future??

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
hempopotamus - Welcome to the board! Great to have new people!

Apple may have released a 20" iMac, but whether they drop the 15" or not is doubtful since they do ship quite a few 15 inchers.

If your friend isn't buying until January, just watch and see what is being released at MWSF (January 6th to 9th). If its not released then, it could be anytime, and stalling and waiting for the next best thing can make you wait years since there is always something bigger and better coming down the tubes. Just look at those people who waited months for an aluminum version of the 15" Powerbook. It was 9 months after the original Aluminum Powerbooks (The 12" and 17") were released.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
I have to agree with Chealion, you don't want to wait forever, but if it's been 5-6 months since the product has been updated, then you may want to wait a month or so for an update. The last major update to the iMac seems to have been in September. The update in November seems to have been just a minor revision (the addition of the 20" iMac - no CPU speed increases).

Of course Apple now releases products at virtually anytime and spreads updates of the various products lines amongst the different months of the year. They don't concentrate any more on the two or three special events such as the MacWorlds, Seybold and WWDC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts