Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
20 Posts
A Bruce Springsteen concert is "the one" pilgrimage" I have still to make in my life... have not had the fortune yet. So til then I live vicariously... thank you for the great report Oakbridge... :)

AS your report was a little sparse, maybe a bit dour? I dunno... wot's old? I'll tell you my age, it don't mean but a number to me... *shrug** So... I'm 50... is that old? You did a good turn though by introducing me to Arcade Fire... I'd never heard of them. I find I like them... thank-you!

As for Springsteen's concerts touching a bit on the political? Well, maybe a little... he is a political animal and so... ? The hard-line rightwing arsehats have been quite hard enough on him... I find myself in agreement with him when he answers those who would call him "unpatriotic"... He replies "silence is unpatriotic". I agree... if you truly love your country you will speak out if you do or DON'T agree with the party line and you have every right to... or don't call it a democracy.

So he charges for his tickets and gives to charity? Well did you want an excellent concert for free? That he gives to charity speaks to his character.

Anyway I have loved the man for a long, long time... drawn first by the sound and good looks, then I got to know what he stood for... his ethics and beliefs and came to admire him even more. He is influential in my life... his music sooths my soul when it's sore and thus takes more room in my iTunes library than anyone else.

In fact I've been listening to him off and on for the last couple of weeks after an especially severe bruising I'd received. With that and the help of a couple of good friends and some other things... I feel much better now.

There are many musicians I like, just as I've enjoyed many movies I've seen but my favourites respectively will always be:

Bruce Springsteen
Smokey & The Bandit

Now for anyone who likes to watch the man have fun:
Mary's Place part 1 Wembley Arena 2002
YouTube - Mary's Place part 1 Wembley Arena 2002

Mary's Place part 2 Wembley Arena 2002
YouTube - Mary's Place part 2 Wembley Arena 2002

... and then well... *blush** speaks for itself... ladies enjoy yourselves!

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen Dancing In The Dark

· Premium Member
20 Posts
Thanks Sinc! I found it on Amazon.com as PBS says it won't ship to Canada? No matter, I got to read the reviews... rave reviews:

Customer Reviews
179 Reviews
5 star: 89% (161)
4 star: 6% (11)
3 star: 1% (3)
2 star: 0% (1)
1 star: 1% (3)

Another piece for my collection!

:D

· Premium Member
20 Posts
AS... I do think you have a point regarding "venue". If you watch Mary's Place as performed at Wembley Stadium which I linked to above or this one in Dusseldorf:

YouTube - Mary's Place - Bruce Springsteen - Dussledorf 05

... you can see a huge difference. I like both, but I would enjoy the former performance more.

I suppose some would call me a Springsteen fanatic, however I don't myself that way. I just haven't found any other musician who, how shall I say?... it all just "fits" my likes, temperment etc. on and so forth. FWIW I like Alice Cooper too and he's quite right-wing, so it's hardly a political thing... ;) it's just an addition to the package... Alice stops there for me... :D As I said lots of likes... one favourite.

I do hope you enjoy the concert in Boston... :) And thank-you again for the into to Arcade Fire... I really do like them and they are Canadian, what's not to like? :clap:

· Premium Member
20 Posts
You're welcome... I saved those clips to my HD which you can easily do if you install Perian for Quicktime. There's even instructions on the site: Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTime® components

Thanks for the recommendations in your previous post, I have The Seeger Sessions so already have a lot of that stuff... I like it, it's different. But the other things... gives me a start on an Xmas wish list... :D

As I said I have not been lucky enough to see Springsteen at all yet... something to look forward to still. My young days were spent sequestered in small town northern B.C. Then I moved to Prince George and from there to Calgary which wasn't even half the size it is now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.