Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes! I'm seeing the Boss.

Annoyingly though, even though I was poised at my keyboard and requested the best single seat about 5 seconds after they went on sale, the best they offered me was in Section 121. When I refused it and searched again they offered a seat in Section 101. At that point I figured out I wasn't going to win and bought the ticket. When I checked back later though they were selling tickets in Section 117, which although to the side is way closer than I'll be. Anyone seen a concert at ACC... how's my seat?

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just reporting back... the seat was fine and the show was phenomenal. While some shows build to a climax this one started full out and built from there. There was a good mix of music and the new material fit in really well; the new album has some great songs. It was cool to be in a packed stadium and be deafened by the crowd as well as the music.

The Star reported that it was a very political show but I think they overstate it. Bruce can't have talked for more than 2-3 minutes in the whole show and his songs, even the newest ones, are far from dialectic, although they obviously have a point of view.

I think any future concerts are going to seem anticlimactic to me... :)

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really liked the song selection ... 'Incident' was great as was 'For You'. The new songs stood up well; notably Magic, Long Walk Home, Gypsy Biker and especially Devils Arcade. I respect the fact that he's continuing to write new music rather than touring and making money on past glory. I paid $125 which is about twice what I've paid for any other concert... and it was well worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.