Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes! I'm seeing the Boss.

Annoyingly though, even though I was poised at my keyboard and requested the best single seat about 5 seconds after they went on sale, the best they offered me was in Section 121. When I refused it and searched again they offered a seat in Section 101. At that point I figured out I wasn't going to win and bought the ticket. When I checked back later though they were selling tickets in Section 117, which although to the side is way closer than I'll be. Anyone seen a concert at ACC... how's my seat?

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
going to that concert as well, pre ordered the new cd from itunes as well. I saw Dylan there last september, I was in section 107 or 108, and it was pretty far back, Dylan was pretty small. Not sure what section I am in for the concert as a friend bought them.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
I saw The Who (what's left of them :D) sometime last year at the ACC...I think I was in section 108 or 107 and wasn't too impressed (pretty far away)...I could see them and all, but they were a little small :D From 101 things look like they'd be pretty small...At that concert, I would have preferred 110 or 117 tickets since it would have been ALOT closer, but it really depends on the stage setup as to whether the view would be good or possibly very obstructed.

Maybe I'm a bit picky though. Personally, I find that if you're not going to have close up floor tickets, it really doesn't make much of a difference (at least to me) so long as you can see them (at least you'll be able to hear regardless).

Most ticket sales are such a joke (esp. Ticketmaster). As the date approaches, they will probably "drop" more good tickets (good luck knowing when though). And if you're wondering where all the really good tickets went, well, the public only gets access to a few of those, while alot go to brokers so they can price gouge.

·
R.I.P. Don - 06/21/2020
87,822 Posts
From my experience at concerts, never mind the venue be it indoors or outdoors, if you're going for the music, sit at a 90 degree angle to the stage for optimum sound.

So if you want a close up look at the musicians, section 117 would fit well.

But if you want to hear their best efforts, your seats in 101 are far superior.

Most people watch 'em on the big screen anyway.

Let us know how it works out.

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
I wish the boss would bring his rear end, um, I mean... seat... to Vancouver!

I'm jealous of your seats, I mean, of your concert. Oh, never mind. :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,176 Posts
I'm sure I'm going to love the concert
Yes you are. It's inevitable. Relax and prepare.....

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
anyone know who is opening for Springsteen?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
There is a chance that 117 is 'obstructed view,' so you might be okay with 101.

Perhaps they'll add another (additional) show?
I believe that Ticketmaster is pretty good about listing that a seat is obstructed.

I'm in 110 row 18 and that was the first response I got after clicking on refresh starting at 9:50 (ten minutes before the 10 am first sale time). I think I was in at 10:00 am on the dot. On the second machine (yes I was refreshing on alternate machines) which came up a few seconds later after the section 110 seats, I got General Admission which I would have been fine with if I was 20 years younger but I didn't feel like standing to wait for a wristband then wait for the lottery, and take my chances on getting up close.

So I doubt that they would sell an obstructed seat as being 'better' than the GA tickets.

As for the quick sellout, here are the stats from some other cities (from Backstreets as reported on September 6th):

"This morning, Belfast tickets sold out in 8 minutes, breaking Oasis' record at the venue. In the past week, London was also a frenzy; Oslo reportedly sold out in six minutes; Copenhagen in 15."

On that same link scroll down to find some information on the way General Admission tickets are being handled, as well as a bit of an explanation on why tickets are going so fast.

Chances of a second show are slim, he's in Ottawa the night before, has a night off after the Toronto show, then plays New York for two nights. I'd say we'll see him back in North America in 2008, perhaps playing the other Canadian cities.

Now if you've got a free day next Monday or Tuesday and you want to see him in a smaller setting, check out the rehearsal shows. $100 per ticket but at the Convention Centre in Asbury Park NJ.

As for the 'better' section (117) coming up later, remember that the system holds seats for 2 minutes while you decide on them, then I think another 3 minutes while you check out. Somebody's credit card might have been declined (that would suck) or they might have been higher up in rows. There is some kind of calculation or rating that says that a farther section's lower rows are considered better than the closest sections higher rows. So you can't always go by the section number alone.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just reporting back... the seat was fine and the show was phenomenal. While some shows build to a climax this one started full out and built from there. There was a good mix of music and the new material fit in really well; the new album has some great songs. It was cool to be in a packed stadium and be deafened by the crowd as well as the music.

The Star reported that it was a very political show but I think they overstate it. Bruce can't have talked for more than 2-3 minutes in the whole show and his songs, even the newest ones, are far from dialectic, although they obviously have a point of view.

I think any future concerts are going to seem anticlimactic to me... :)

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
Just reporting back... the seat was fine and the show was phenomenal. While some shows build to a climax this one started full out and built from there. There was a good mix of music and the new material fit in really well; the new album has some great songs. It was cool to be in a packed stadium and be deafened by the crowd as well as the music.

The Star reported that it was a very political show but I think they overstate it. Bruce can't have talked for more than 2-3 minutes in the whole show and his songs, even the newest ones, are far from dialectic, although they obviously have a point of view.

I think any future concerts are going to seem anticlimactic to me... :)
I saw him in Ottawa on Sunday.

It seemed he was having more fun when he was stretching out of his comfort zone but the E street band rarely followed. When the two members of Arcade Fire came on the stage, no one except for the youngin' seemed to care... that quickly changed as some of the more exciting moments were with them.

He did let out a small diatribe at trickery and lies and aimed a few barbs at Bush.
It was odd to hear him talk about giving to a food bank when the tickets were 300$ a pop...

I like the show but there seemed a few odd transitions in song choice (I'm not talking about the 3 songs in the key of G in a row). Concert started late (as per usual) but did not last long enough.

I was really surprised by the advanced age of his fan base - I felt so young....

Maybe the song selection was better in Toronto.

Here a link (from his site) of him onstage with Arcade Fire
http://media.brucespringsteen.net/non_secure/videos/071014_1S.mov

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
I am soooooo jealous of you two.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I saw him in Ottawa on Sunday.

It seemed he was having more fun when he was stretching out of his comfort zone but the E street band rarely followed. When the two members of Arcade Fire came on the stage, no one except for the youngin' seemed to care... that quickly changed as some of the more exciting moments were with them.

He did let out a small diatribe at trickery and lies and aimed a few barbs at Bush.
It was odd to hear him talk about giving to a food bank when the tickets were 300$ a pop...

I like the show but there seemed a few odd transitions in song choice (I'm not talking about the 3 songs in the key of G in a row). Concert started late (as per usual) but did not last long enough.

I was really surprised by the advanced age of his fan base - I felt so young....

Maybe the song selection was better in Toronto.

Here a link (from his site) of him onstage with Arcade Fire
http://media.brucespringsteen.net/non_secure/videos/071014_1S.mov
I was in 110 seats 7 and 8. I was lined up dead even with them from the side. Sat beside a guy from Moncton who came to Toronto with his wife and 22 year old son just for the show. He usually goes down to Boston to see him.

It was my first time being on Clarence's side and sadly he's moving pretty slow. Looks like he's got serious hip/knee problems. They have a chair for him to sit in during certain numbers.

I go back to the River tour in Jan/81 but this was my first time seeing him since the reunion tour in 2000. I thought it was one of the best performances I've seen. At points I was watching him with Little Steven and was thinking "here's two guys who have been playing together for almost 40 years and it looks like they're just jamming in a garage or basement having lots of fun".

I'm not aware of any $300 ticket prices. I paid $125 or so each so the pair was less than $300. He's been doing the Food Bank thing since the mid-eighties. I don't remember him saying anything in 81 but I do remember hearing him talk about it at the CNE Grandstand shows during the Born in the USA tour. His main site lists the Food Bank for the city that he played in beside the set lists along with the contact information for them. I disagree with the earlier post, he could charge $300 a pop and I'd still think that promoting the Food Bank is a classy thing to do.

I thought that the song selection was great. Yes I would love to hear Thunder Road/Jungleland/Rosie every time I see him but I'd get sick of those songs if I did. I'd never seen him do Thundercrack and that is one of my favourites. I also saw Incident on 57th Street for the first time too. We didn't get the Sessions tour here so seeing American Land was great a treat for me. So while I always come away wishing he'd done this or that, I also always come away saying "I'm glad I finally saw him do ..."

I think that he's had 22 discs worth of releases (not counting live, greatest hits, etc. but counting the Tracks as 4 discs and River as 2). With that large of a catalogue, everyone's going to have their 'favourites'. I've been following the set lists on this tour and from what I've seen, Toronto and Ottawa got two of the best sets he's done so far. Unlike many other performers, he will vary up to 1/3 of the show each night.

I saw the setlist for Madison Square Gardens last night and I think we got a better selection. His hand-written setlists are on his web site btw if anyone wants to see them. He will call an 'audible' at times and change what he had written up. Jungleland was on the list for Toronto but he did a last minute replacement of Incident.

Oh and if you want to see a list of what I saw during my first Bruce show in 1981, click here. I saw the January 21st show. It also has some scans of ticket stubs (not mine but I was in the reds)... $12.50 and as Steve Martin used to say "he did a $15.00 show!"

Now for you folks in the west, wait until next spring. The general thinking is that he'll be on the road for most of next year which hopefully means a swing back to Canada.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I really liked the song selection ... 'Incident' was great as was 'For You'. The new songs stood up well; notably Magic, Long Walk Home, Gypsy Biker and especially Devils Arcade. I respect the fact that he's continuing to write new music rather than touring and making money on past glory. I paid $125 which is about twice what I've paid for any other concert... and it was well worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
Hey Fink-Nottle... Happy Birthday!!

Flash photography Font Electric blue Darkness Midnight

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
A Bruce Springsteen concert is "the one" pilgrimage" I have still to make in my life... have not had the fortune yet. So til then I live vicariously... thank you for the great report Oakbridge... :)

AS your report was a little sparse, maybe a bit dour? I dunno... wot's old? I'll tell you my age, it don't mean but a number to me... *shrug** So... I'm 50... is that old? You did a good turn though by introducing me to Arcade Fire... I'd never heard of them. I find I like them... thank-you!

As for Springsteen's concerts touching a bit on the political? Well, maybe a little... he is a political animal and so... ? The hard-line rightwing arsehats have been quite hard enough on him... I find myself in agreement with him when he answers those who would call him "unpatriotic"... He replies "silence is unpatriotic". I agree... if you truly love your country you will speak out if you do or DON'T agree with the party line and you have every right to... or don't call it a democracy.

So he charges for his tickets and gives to charity? Well did you want an excellent concert for free? That he gives to charity speaks to his character.

Anyway I have loved the man for a long, long time... drawn first by the sound and good looks, then I got to know what he stood for... his ethics and beliefs and came to admire him even more. He is influential in my life... his music sooths my soul when it's sore and thus takes more room in my iTunes library than anyone else.

In fact I've been listening to him off and on for the last couple of weeks after an especially severe bruising I'd received. With that and the help of a couple of good friends and some other things... I feel much better now.

There are many musicians I like, just as I've enjoyed many movies I've seen but my favourites respectively will always be:

Bruce Springsteen
Smokey & The Bandit

Now for anyone who likes to watch the man have fun:
Mary's Place part 1 Wembley Arena 2002
YouTube - Mary's Place part 1 Wembley Arena 2002

Mary's Place part 2 Wembley Arena 2002
YouTube - Mary's Place part 2 Wembley Arena 2002

... and then well... *blush** speaks for itself... ladies enjoy yourselves!

YouTube - Bruce Springsteen Dancing In The Dark

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.