Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Roast pork with applesauce, tiny green peas, mashed potatoes, gravy and a green salad with fresh rolls from the bakery this afternoon. House smells heavenly right now and only 1.5 hours away.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,989 Posts
Hmmmmm? :)

Meatballs and rice taste good. :clap:
We are having a repeat of my wife's Grey Cup pot roast. It is actually better the next day, due mainly to her secret sauce.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,989 Posts
Roast pork with applesauce, tiny green peas, mashed potatoes, gravy and a green salad with fresh rolls from the bakery this afternoon. House smells heavenly right now and only 1.5 hours away.
I'm going over to Don's house for leftovers tomorrow night. I shall bring some freshly baked rolls and a brew or two. Deal???

·
Canadian By Choice
116,989 Posts
The sudden posting of this thread got me thinking of the question we ask on Passover -- Why is this night different from all other nights? The answers pertain to the meaning of Passover, but I think that for this thread it might be "Because on this night someone will get posting #1,000,000 and this thread will help move us closer to that goal." :)

·
Canadian By Choice
116,989 Posts
Sure, Dr. G., you're more than welcome here. :)
Love roast pork and applesauce. For some reason, meals like that taste great the first night and then again the second night.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The sudden posting of this thread got me thinking of the question we ask on Passover -- Why is this night different from all other nights? The answers pertain to the meaning of Passover, but I think that for this thread it might be "Because on this night someone will get posting #1,000,000 and this thread will help move us closer to that goal." :)
Very true. :)

I really do want to get to bed sometime before midnight. :)

·
Premium Member
42,439 Posts
Yeah, that has to be the crappiest thread title of the year. Why not just call it "BUMP."

·
Premium Member
42,439 Posts
There's some sort of offal stacked on top of the plate--and they failed to remove the eyes before cooking.

·
Canadian By Choice
116,989 Posts
Think that I shall drop by your house, Mr. Mayor, on the way to Sinc's home tomorrow. It's a long walk from St.John's, NL to St.Albert, AB.

·
Premium Member
17,953 Posts
Four years in, I'm still adjusting to Mexican society's eating habits. Breakfast around 8am, then "almuerzo" lunch/dinner at 3:00pm. That's it.... but of course, we do sneak a snack in the evening.

So... "almuerzo" today was a big sandwich: whole wheat bread with linseed; slice of "turkey ham"; slices of cucumber; bean sprouts; avocado; mayonnaise; black pepper; old cheddar cheese; tomato. Yum!

Tomorrow will be spaghetti with sausage chunks and broccoli on the side.

:)
M

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Harvest Meats (out of Yorkton, SK) double smoked Farmer's Sausage, grilled to perfection on the 'Cue & served on goodhearth rolls smeared with horseradish mustard, a side of egg noodles, and washed down with a pint of Pig's Ass Porter from Harvest Moon Brewery in Belt, Montana.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I really love pork roast dinner. If only I lived closer...

Tonight was pizza night. I had my first solid food in 4 days. I've been sick with the flu. My diet has been almost entirely liquid. Thank goodness I had a supply of good homemade soups in the freezer. That along with some fruit and veggie smoothies and some yogurt have kept me going. It was a treat to bite on something solid for a change this evening. I'm on the mend.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts