Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh well, I couldn't resist. I'm a sucker for nice Apple software boxes on my home-office shelves. I ordered iLife from the Apple.ca Store. Any other orders out there?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'll probably order it as well. I was super impressed with Steve's demo of the integration with all the apps and for $50 it seems like a pretty good deal to me.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I will be downloading iPhoto 2 for sure, the rest I dont use at this point. If and when I can afford a PowerBook with a super drive, it wil come with them, so i am not too worried.

--PB

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've ordered my copy of iLife.

The integration between all three applications is what sold me.

John

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I will be downloading iPhoto 2 for sure, the rest I dont use at this point. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I downloaded iTunes 3 yesterday (and Safari), but I could not find a way to download the new versions of iPhoto or iMovie. Are they not out until later this month or something???

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Like most people I will just d/l the usual apps, but will buy the retail box for iDVD (as I did for iDVDv2).
Video is a bit on the back burner right now, as I'm working on getting my audio setup finished.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm a bit confused about iLife.

Other than iDVD, what's the difference between dowloading all the upgrades off the Apple website (come Jan. 25) and purchasing the CD?

If I don't purchase iLife (since I have a Pismo wihtout a Superdrive, and therefore can't run iDVD), and simply download the new versions of iPhoto and iMovie, will they still be integrated?

Just curious.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All of the iApps and their integration will work with the free download versions. The only missing element will be iDVD. If you need this app then you cough up the money for iLife and get a CD copy of the other iApps included.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VertiGoGo:

I downloaded iTunes 3 yesterday (and Safari), but I could not find a way to download the new versions of iPhoto or iMovie. Are they not out until later this month or something???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Itunes 3 has been available for quite awhile now (months), the others are brand new and not available until Jan. 25.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
It also depends on your internet connection. With a dial-up you may not want to download the iMovie update as it will be a large file, plus iPhoto 2.

Convienence.......

·
Registered
237 Posts
My order for iLife just went to 'Being Assembled!" at about 1800 this evening!

Woo-hoo!

John

·
Registered
259 Posts
The advantage of buying iLife is the iDVD tie-in. The themes are HUGE and can't be downloaded. The last update to iDVD came on a DVD.

Too bad iDVD still can't use 3rd party DVD burners, therefore killing my use for it... :(

-SJ

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.