Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
RicktheChemist wrote:
Sources are saying not before January 31st. And it might even be later than that. Some sources are saying delayed indefinitely until changed by Apple.

According to ThinkSecret, the iLife retail package has been delayed so that it corresponds with the speed bumps that are rumoured to occur in early February (it doesn't make much sense, but it's the only explanation I've heard).

No idea whether you'll be able to download iPhoto 2 and iMovie 3 on 25 January, though.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
The more you release at one time (aka, new towers + iLife), the more impressive it looks. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.

On apple's canadian site it still says Jan 25, but on the american site it says "coming soon"

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well I've been holding off getting a new DP 867 for any signs of recisions to the Power Macs, and maybe this is a sign of that.

I don't mind waiting, since if I get a Mac after any revisions I get the new iLife apps, mainly iDVD 3 preinstalled.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Another theory Neil and I pecked at over hearing this sad news is that pre-orders for iLife were SO HIGH that they ran short for their retail locations...

Could happen!

Although to correspond with an update or speed bump announcement is also a good theory.

But I like ours better.

·
Registered
433 Posts
hope you can still DL iphoto/imovie on the 25th tho.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Macrumors is reporting that it is due to problems with the gold master of the iLife CD. This happens. Last fall the Canadian release of The Roots new album Phrenology was delayed 1 week for the very same reason.

Though the new hardware rumors are more exciting. :D

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jb22:
Well I've been holding off getting a new DP 867 for any signs of recisions to the Power Macs, and maybe this is a sign of that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Expect revamped towers in Febuarary, 2003. Have patience. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Since the PowerMacs were updated this past August, I wouldn'e expect a revamp to coincide with iLife because there hasn't been a major revision to the LCD iMacs since they were released one full year ago now.

I would expect iMacs and then eMacs before PowerMacs, and 10.2.4 around the same time as iLife.

Maybe Apple is going to follow through on the June plan for the towers, by not updating them until June?

--PB

·
Registered
259 Posts
When do you think the 15" Aluminum PowerBook is going to be announced? Do you think Apple's already got them ready to rumble and ship out when their current Ti stock runs dry?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts