Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Walked in the freezing cold for like an hour through two different shops and couldn't even grab a copy of iLife '04! This has got to be the first time when I voluntarily pay for an Apple software and there's none in stock!

I guess it's good in a way. Dammit! I want my copy now!

·
Registered
535 Posts
On a whim I called Gary at dpi on Friday and he was good enough to reserve a copy for me. Try him. His user name here digital_gary.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Most Apple Authorized Resellers will offer Educational Discounts to qualified buyers if you ask for it (have proof ready). I know Carbon Computing does, anyway.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I could be wrong, but I don't think Apple Authorized Resellers can give discounts on Apple hardware or software. Only direct from Apple and Univerity computer stores. Apple stopped giving ed discounts through their dealer network quite a few years back.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Yes only through Apple and the on campus stores are the discounts available.

We have lots of iLife in stock. :cool:

I was very surprised at the rather ho hum approach of many resellers to this real breaktrhough product for Apple.
It's going to generate a ton of hardware sales, move to X and switchers. - so what you make peanuts on the software. That's not the point for the dealer or Apple. it's the down stream impact.
Already we've seen drive sales and horsepower inquiries and when this puppy loads up full with all the toys watch G5 sales sky rocket into homes.

The G5 is quiet and a killer performer - this gives the average joe user a reason to want one real bad.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ehMax, that's wierd. because in CSC (computer systems centre) in downtown Toronto offers education discounts on all their software, including Apple. i was quite surprised too. they do offer discounts on hardware as well, which is great. one thing they do NOT offer discounts is for developer. that, u'd have to deal with Apple direct.

MacDoc, I mailed you a PM. Hope to do business with you real soon.

Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts