Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been playing with the iSight since we got it in today.
I cannot get it to work on the 12" PB, 12" or the 14" iBook that we have on Demo.
All I get is an error saying that "No Camera Is Connected"

Plus that same camera into the 17" PB and it works fine, this is very strage because one of the other guys here has a 12" PB and it works fine, but not on our demo model.

I checked the knowledge base and the only thing it mentions for that error is iMovie (Because it doesnt have the right DV codec or something).
I am very unhappy right now, iWant to iChat with iSight!

·
Registered
507 Posts
The iSight works fine here on my 12" PowerBook G4. You need 10.2.6 at the very least, with iChat AV beta. Also, make sure if it's plugged into a FireWire hub that the hub is powered (AC Adapter). Lastly, do a search to see if you have the IOXperts webcam driver installed. If you do, ditch it and reboot.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Neil,
All machines are at 10.2.6 with fresh DL of the iChat AV Beta. There is no IOXperts stuff on any of the machines that I know of, it has been driving me crazy!
I will check for the IOXperts stuff on Wed when I go in and see if somebody had downloaded it for some reason.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, so I jumed up and down on one leg while rubbing my tummy and the 12" PB now works with the iSight, still no luck with the iBooks though, I have been on the phone with Apple for the past hour while they try and figure out what's wrong and why it will work on some machines and not others, I will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
This will not help you as you have no doubt already it.
But it could help someone else.

Apple Knowledge Base

Did I read here or maybe at Neals site or maybe somewhere else. The G3 support (600Mhz or not) is not very good. Hit and miss at best. Mostly miss. So just keep it going on the G4's

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to get it working on one of the iBooks by trashing EVERYTHING that had iChat in the name (I had to SUDO a few of them), I haev not had time to try on the rest, but the 12" PB started working on it's own (We didnt do anything to it, but Apple asked me to plug it in and see if it was in the sys profiler).

So, I think the beta needs a tad bit more work before it's ready for primetime, but people are scooping up the iSight like it was candy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts