Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that I feel like telling the story but if one more uneducated person says "Oh....you have a Mac" with that downtone and dumbass look on their face I will slap somebody.Preferably that person. :mad:

Ah...better.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
sputnik,

You sure can, but only if I get to punch the next Mac user in the genitals who looks down at the fact that I use a PC.

·
Registered
433 Posts
touche!

Phil

·
Canadian By Choice
117,529 Posts
Customers still rate the quality of the products and service from Dell and Apple as the best of the group. I think that the two could coincide in somewhat of a peaceful accord. N'est pas???

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You use a Tibook also don't you JF?So you understand the strengths of both,as do I.However,this comment was from a person who was in the first time buyer mood.I was offering advice on HD size and how it was not THAT important.He asked me what my system was and after my reponse I got the "MCSC Certified Windows Face".At which point I sighed and walked away.I felt like saying that Macs used "Special" HD's that only took 1meg for the OS and only cost 5$ for 320gig HD.
On a side note,I was conversing with my syst admin one day and was telling him how I had a mac.He asked me what I could do with it so I told him it has a really cool Pong version.He took me seriously,so I changed the subject.

Punch away,just make sure they are educated.

·
Registered
693 Posts
IMHO, PC=good for a game machine, Mac=everything else. However, hopefully that will change, and we can better some really uber performance out of games on newer macs. But that's not the most important thing though...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The key point in the original statment is the word "uneducated"....

Few of us have a problem Discussing/Arguing the Pros & Cons of platforms with knowlegable opponents...

It is the uninformed sheep who only use Windoze because thats what the Sales guy at Future Shop said to buy....

Sheep should be treated with patience cause they don't know better... Sales people pushing PC only without knowing really why.... they should be slapped....

Most PC's are great machines and loving one or the other is a personal preference....

Mindlessly hating anything without cause is wrong....

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
I had a "Mac bashing" problem the other week while trying to troubleshoot a problem with one of our CAD applications where the files are served on our sawtooth running OSX Server.

At first glance it seemed like a permissions thing with the file, but I wanted to eliminate the possibility that it wasn't the CAD program having problems with the priviledges.

While speaking with SolidWorks tech support, they asked me what OS my file server was running. I made the mistake of telling them that it was OSX (a lot of PC people still have the blinders on and are still back in the system 7 days where Mac's & Windows didn't like to talk to each other)

Any way, her first reaction after telling her the files were being served up with a Mac was "Oh, there's your problem." So I said to her that it wasn't because the OS is UNIX. That shut her up.

Long story short as soon as you mention Apple or Mac to uneducated, biased people they immediatly think that the Mac's are not a computer that can do what a PC can. that, and another reaction is "well they are good for graphics".

BTW, the problem with the privledges wasn't with our server, it was within Solidworks and how they protect files when someone is using them. When the App crashes or Windows blows up this protection file remains on the server, therefore making SolidWorks think the file is still in use.

I made a point of calling her back and pointing this fact out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts