Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I tried to look for one that looked like me. There was 8 women there out of 40 posted. The odds aren't in my favour anyway as I am a redhead. Man I'm a Total minority! lol (I don't know why I'm so interested in the gender thing tonight. Just became aware of it for some reason.)

Cool link RtC

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Great website you have there by the way RtC. I can't believe how gorgeous it is where you live. I was on a road trip last summer across Canada. The most beautiful spot we found in Quebec was on the St. Lawrence at Riviere du loup. Woke up on the river...total silence...fog rolling in. Wonderful people in Quebec.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,358 Posts
Macspectrum, there is nothing you may say today re my iMac purchase that shall deter me from my state of serenity. It was 26 years ago today that I first came to St.John's for my interview at Memorial University. The rest, as they say, is history.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,358 Posts
Merci, Macspectrum. I shall owe you a "mazel tov" when the time comes.

Would there be a similar term in Ukranian?

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Dr. G.,
Of course you don't owe me anything.
Well wishes are given freely without any ideas of reciprication. (sp?)

I'm racking my brain here but I don't think in Ukrainian there is a "mazel tov" equivalent.

"M'nohaya Leeta" - would be "Many years" translated literally but in context "I wish you many happy years."

Suitable for birthdays, anniversaries and such.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,358 Posts
Macspectrum, I know that there is no need for a forced reciprocation, but it was earned, so reciprocate I shall. Thanks also for the Ukranian term. Not sure if I shall be able to pronounce it accurately, but at least I know how it is to be written. Gracias.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,358 Posts
Heart, "mazel tov" is Yiddish for "congratulations" or "good luck".

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Yeah, I do. I thought it was kinda neat to have been iconized. Sure wish the artist could have trimmed off a few pounds from my image!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts