Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  SHEMM 
#1 ·
I changed my icon for mail by going into "get info" and highlighting it. The icon I chose to use, showed up as a PNG file. I tried going back to "get info" and pressing delete to change it back, but it stayed as the PNG file. I need some help to change it back to the original Mail icon. I have used candybar before, but my trial is over so i cannot try using that to change it back. if someone knows a way to get it to change back can you please please let me know. its been like this for a while and I have not found anyway to change it back. i tried providing a picture, but it has denied the photo.

Thanks SHEMM

#3 ·
i wrote in the previous post i tried that.
idk what to do becasue ive tried everything

#6 ·
okay i will give that a try.
i will message back with the outcome.
thanks for all the help

#7 ·
nope still doesnt work.
the PNG file doesnt even delete, or cut. for some reason it is still stuck like that.

#8 ·
The Mail icon has special properties, and the icon graphic needs to have a set of previews inside of it, so the usual methods using CandyBar or cut and paste don't work, or don't work well. You will need a utility like Icns2icon - 92KB Freeware Download to create the apprioriate format. Then the standard methods should work...

#9 ·
how exactly do i use this? haha
it says the program is running from the bar at the top because it says icns2icon but there is no window or anything

#10 ·
can someone really quickly explain to me how to exactly use that app.
i dont know if im using it right at all

#11 ·
can someone please tell me how to work icns2icon?
im having a lil trouble and it doesnt seem to be working out for me very well right now.
I have been trying to see how it works but i cant figure it out, please someone tell me what to do with icns2icon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.