Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made a demo time-lapse movie for a friend. The QuickTime movie is way too large to be sent via email even after compressing it in a zip package. I have been using the online storage QDrive for such a distribution, but the service is unreliable and goes down often.

Could I use iCloud for this purpose? It appears that Apple restricts its use to store stuff that you purchase through the App Store and iTunes store, and not other stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,192 Posts
Short answer is no iCloud isn't designed for file sharing. I use Dropbox for this, but other options are google gdrive, and Microsoft skydive. For icloud if you know your way around a mac I think there is a hidden folder you can place user files in to sync them, but this isn't really any option for sharing with others... More for sharing you own stuff to you other computers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I always iCloud platform is tailor made for Apple platform. In general, if you want cross-platform file sharing using One Drive and Google Drive is the best. One of them has 15 GB storage. Video files are large. So better subscribe to storage plans if you need larger storage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts