Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting odd "challenge" messages anytime I tried to login to iCloud on my laptop or iMac, started a few days ago. Today I decided to call Apple support and try to get to the bottom of things (I've also been unable to send email from my @mac.com address for a few months now - that's another story).

So after 40 minutes on tech support, which included escalating to a senior tech (very helpful and knowledgeable), we discover that iCloud is down in a massive way... at least 4.5 hours now.... :(

Apple acknowledges iCloud issues across several of its services

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It came back up sometime overnight. Apple's System Status Page is a good place to check if things are wonky.

Sadly, the stupid iCloud challenge screen (Verify your email) is still blocking me from accessing iCloud. The techs (two levels) yesterday appeared stumped. The troubleshooting continues today.... :sad:

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
It came back up sometime overnight. Apple's System Status Page is a good place to check if things are wonky.

Sadly, the stupid iCloud challenge screen (Verify your email) is still blocking me from accessing iCloud. The techs (two levels) yesterday appeared stumped. The troubleshooting continues today.... :sad:
Not sure if it is just me but the verification and authentication is always hit and miss. I have a bunch of devices and computers with the same iCloud account and it can be a real nightmare when it starts asking for the password. I will enter it, hit ok and then it just pops up again in a seemingly endless loop.

·
Registered
641 Posts
not sure if it is just me but the verification and authentication is always hit and miss. I have a bunch of devices and computers with the same icloud account and it can be a real nightmare when it starts asking for the password. I will enter it, hit ok and then it just pops up again in a seemingly endless loop.
+1 ... on my MBP running 10.10. I know I need to update but I never seem to find the time to do the extra backups, etc.

Craig

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure if it is just me but the verification and authentication is always hit and miss. I have a bunch of devices and computers with the same iCloud account and it can be a real nightmare when it starts asking for the password. I will enter it, hit ok and then it just pops up again in a seemingly endless loop.
90% of the time I get the stupid 2-factor authentication that requires sending a code to my iPhone... but to be clear: this is a different kind of authentication that I just can't get past:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts