Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried out Apple’s Hide my Email and Custom Domain features? I’ve been using the Hide my Email frequently since it came out with IOS 15. I love this. Any website that I want to signup for or subscribe to, I use this feature. There has been instances where I come across a sight that makes you signup to get access to an answer your looking for. So I will signup, then after I am finished with the site. I’ll deactivate the temp email address. That way I’m not inundated with junk emails.

I was able to test the custom domain feature and it works great. You have to create an iCloud email address. You can then create a custom email domain. You can use anything you want. You can then have it forward to your regular email address. If you have Family sharing setup. You can create up to 5 domains. You can then specify what domain each family member has, and then forward to their specific email address.

·
Administrator
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I can tell it’s just an email address. I can’t see it knowing you location. Your custom Apple email address goes straight to Apple’s servers, where it is forwarded to the forwarding email you have it set to. I use the Hide my Email fed to re extensively. As an example, I signed up on a website using a hidden email address. I found that it didn’t meet my needs. So all I had to do was to deactivate this particular email address.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts