Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figures the day that this is announced, I lent my DV to a friend of mine. Boo... Anyhow, this came @ an awesome time! I'm just about to take off on a trip to Miami (ladyfriend's gift!
), and she made sure that I had hi-speed in the hotel ( :eek: I was almost brought to tears...).

But here's my Q? Has anyone tried to run this on a G3 yet? I mean, everything is getting so processor/video intensive (which is to be expected) that I wonder if my poor little Pismo will cut it. Heart? where are my Pismo owners??!? I'm about to set that up a little later today, when I get my DV back.

Has anyone run iChatAV over wireless yet?? THAT will be the #$$%!!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I read somewhere, can't remember where now; it may of been at the Apple site, that you should have a 600 MHz processor or faster for video with iChatAV, along with hi-speed internet. Didn't say anything about G3/G4/G5, though.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So we're still cool with the [gulp] 8MB of vid [sigh]?? I'll need to see what happens after I u/g sometime tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
The Apple site says:

(iSight)requires iChat AV Software (not included), Mac OS X v10.2.5 or later, 600MHz G3 processor or higher, Broadband Internet connection.

Since Pismos topped out at 500MHz, this would lead me to believe that you would not be able to use it. Although, this may not be true for Pismos that have gone through the G4 upgrade process.

I hope this helps.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
It says 600 MHz, but I'm figuring if you have a 500 MHz G3, it'll still work half-decently, but I don't know. Kinda like games - I'll always get a game to work 'decently' on my Mac if my Mac doesn't quite cut it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts