Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Meet iMo. It's sleek, it's user friendly, and it's got a big Apple logo. Could it be the newest product that's keeping Steve Jobs so busy he can't even make it to Macworld? We doubt it, unless he's having trouble getting in touch with his team of lawyers.
No, iMo isn't an authorized Apple product. Despite what its product website will tell you, it's not yet a 100 percent autonomous robotic car being released in 2024. IMo is the work of Anthony Jannarelly, a master in automotive design student at Coventry University -- the kind of project that makes us wish we were automotive design students.
The tiny two-wheeler is automated, storing itself at "iPark" locations. If you feel like driving, the concept features a holographic user interface that allows drivers to control the car through hand gestures. Need room for more people? No problem. Carve out some space in the infinitely configurable "soft sphere" that molds to users' needs. What makes the idea so cool is it might actually work. Jannarelly tells us the technology behind his idea is available now.
A shape-shifting automated car? Even in 2058, we're definitely buying AppleCare.

Apple Flavored Car Design From Britain | Autopia from Wired.com
I smell iLawyers.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Me too. If they'd jump on that Vancouver Island school for using a logo that resembled the Apple logo, they'll foam at the mouth over this one. :lmao:

·
ehMac Genius
522 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
Looks cool, but I'm always skeptical off dashboards that draw your attention away from the road you're supposed to be watching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts