Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... is terribly slow. Reminds of me of Photoshop 7... ok, not that slow, but definitely lot's of waiting time. I've heard iCal has always been slow. Something you need a high end G4 for, or...?

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
... takes about 15 seconds to launch and load calendars on my 9600/G4/450... 5 seconds on my MDD 867. Yeah... I'd guess iCal is pretty processor hungry.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
How far back does you calendar go? I had the same problem and found that by enabling "delete events after 90 days," (in iCal prefs) there was a significant improvement in performance. Another trick is to limit the number of subscribed calendars. I subscribe and publish several, but I don't always need to see all of them displayed at once. If this applies to you, just pick one or two key calendars and uncheck the rest (you can view them later when needed simply by rechecking the box).

P.S. Mine loads in about 5 seconds, running on a 1 ghz G4 with 512 megs RAM, but my old iMac 400 (same amount of RAM as the G4) isn't far behind it, loading under 10 seconds.

[ December 26, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: PGant ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts