Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, in my iCal, I have 3 different Calenders: Social Life, Extra Activites and Other Events. The problem is, I want to publish these to my .Mac account, but I hate that all 3 get different URL's and their own complete Calender. The point of publishing this online is so some of my friends can see my schedule - however, it's a pain in the rear to have to check 3 different calenders. For example, on my "Social Life" Cal, Sat may be free; but then if you check my "Other Events" Cal, that same Sat won't be free.

The only way around this, I figure, is to just have one Calender (not 3) and then it'd be easy to check online. However, in return, this makes organizing all of my events a pain in the butt because they're all under one catergory in iCal (not online) and hard to see the difference between events.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
1. Export each of your three iCals to your desktop.

2. Create a new calendar in iCal (e.g., "Where is Lars?")

3. Click once on your new calendar in the list of cals.

4. Select "import," choosing "import an iCal file." Repeat this step three times so that each of your exported iCals has been folded into this one, new iCal.

5. You'll have to repeat these steps when you make changes to the three original iCals (or simply duplicate your entries), but apart from that, it works like a charm.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Alternative two:

Make an AppleScript to do what PGant suggested. You can always try the record feature in the Script Editor. I haven't tried it but AS is a an awesome utility that can simplify many tasks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts