Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't used iCab in a while so I downloaded the latest version 2.9.6 for OS9.

To my surprise it now supports tabbed browsing, and it seems to work well. It is less than 2MB to download and also has a version for 68k Macs. I've been using Mozilla for a while now but the support for OS9 has ended. It's nice to see that the iCab folks are still carrying the torch for the older Macs as well as OSX.

Congrats.

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been using the WamCom version of Mozilla for a couple of months now and it is terrific. I'm just not sure if WamCom will continue to port a Mozilla version for OS9.

I really like the email program in Mozilla since it handles multiple accounts and has excellent spam filtering.

iCab will now be my second choice when Mozilla doesn't work (but this hardly ever happens).

For all you folks with 68k Macs, I tried that version of iCab and it has tabbed browsing too. Way to go iCab!

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Does iCab support web standards yet though?
Last time I tried it it choked on CSS like an old dog on a bone.

--PB

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iCab still doesn't support CSS 2, but it will be supported with the iCab 3.0 release (soon I hope).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does anyone else here experience a problem with icab displaying the links at the top of each ehmac page incorrectly? Whenever I'm logged in on ehmac, those links are displayed overlapping each other. However, when I log out they display fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts