Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...got iBricker and yes, can put new ringtones onto my 1.0.2 iPhone.

But is there a way to put those tunes into the iPod area? Both play exactly the same, but I'd like to keep all my tunes together?

Could somenone help a windows old guy here? Oh, and my tunes? Bobby Darin, Sam & Dave, Traffic, Buffalo Springfield...ie music of the 60's!!!

Jim

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, I know, but I've never used iTunes before. So far, I am able to upload a tune to the Library area -- but I can not figure out how to "put" that tune onto the iPhone -- ie how do I get that done?

<grin> sorry here lads, still a windows guy....

:)

Jim

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey...got iBricker and yes, can put new ringtones onto my 1.0.2 iPhone.

But is there a way to put those tunes into the iPod area? Both play exactly the same, but I'd like to keep all my tunes together?

Could somenone help a windows old guy here? Oh, and my tunes? Bobby Darin, Sam & Dave, Traffic, Buffalo Springfield...ie music of the 60's!!!

Jim

iToner...$15.00...very easy to use.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WTF? I do NOT have a mac...we run windows here, so the plug for Ambrosia's iToner, is dumb.

can no one answer this question here? ie how can I add music to my iPod area on my iPhone without using Apple and iTunes?

jim

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Interesting question,
most people here use iTunes to load up their iPhones and iPods and this is a Mac site.
But I would suspect their is a workaround, but remember that while some of us use windows at work, very few of the ehmac members here use windows for their entertainment.
So , someone here might have an answer for you, but you might have better luck by googling Windows iphone hacks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
WTF? I do NOT have a mac...we run windows here, so the plug for Ambrosia's iToner, is dumb.

can no one answer this question here? ie how can I add music to my iPod area on my iPhone without using Apple and iTunes?

jim
WTF...get itunes for pc

Very simple,When you connect to your computer open iTunes,it will see the iPhone,Click on the iPhone icon on the left toolbar,navigate to the music page and select and sync the music folder you want to add to the phone....not rocket science here

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Windows guy looking for a 'workaround' -- NOT more mac advice!

gosh...seems like Mac users have mac on the brain....guys, not all of us get to use the easiest, best looking, best engineered hardware on the globe!

some of us are windows guys....ie business oriented entrepeneurs who use what their clients use....which is me....and I do not own a mac, nor do I want one.

what I want to know is -- if anyone here knows -- is there a 'workaround' for windows users that will allow us to put music in the iPod area on the iPhone?

iBricker will allow me to put files on the iPhone, but I do not "see" the file folder for the iPod. if someone here knows what folder to u/l music into using iBricker, then please let me know? that would seem to me to be the easiest way to get the music on the iPhone iPod area...but as I said, there may be other 'workarounds' if someone knows?

Jim

·
Premium Member
4,546 Posts
iTunes not only uploads the music to the iPhone, but creates/updates a database to go along with it, that the music player on the iPhone reads from.. just like every iPod. Afaik there are no iTunes alternatives for the iPhone yet.

You're pretty much stuck with iTunes for now. I think it's a pretty good app.. some annoying things in it, but I still like it better than WMP. But I would drop it in a heartbeat though if software came out to let me MANUALLY manage my music, videos, etc. Man, seriously.. WTF is up with that... still no ability to do that. Sooooooo annoying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.