Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use one with iChat AV?

I want an iSight, but at $219 it's a little steep for my budget. iBots are $149 usually, but I found a place that has them for $49 (not saying where yet, because I don't know if they only have one on sale or tons).

If I could get a review from people who have used them it'd be great.

And if I pick up and they have more i will let you all know where they are.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I've been using an iBot Pro for quite a while. In fact, it was purchased via ehMac's trading post. It's a fine camera. While the images aren't as crisp as the iSight, it makes up for it with great value (half the price of the apple equivalent) plus versatility (it runs on either a Mac or a firewire-enabled PC). I think there was some supporting software that was originally bundled with the unit, but it was outdated long ago. As for iChat AV support, it runs flawlessly.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm about to grab it and it's put aside for me, so there's no harm.

It is actually the demo model at a Radio Shack in town. They say it's never been hooked up and it has full warranty, so that's fine for me.

I hate to give Radio Shack money, but I can't pass up a deal this good.

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It's hard to have integrity in the face of a good deal. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the Radio Shack at Gerrard Square, they had one regular and one for PC (that comes with a FireWire PCI Card) for $30 more. When they opened it there was no PCI card so my friend bought one, too.

There's a good chance that Radio Shack in general are getting rid of these, I couldn't find it for less than $139 anywhere else. It can't hurt next time you're in a Radio Shack to ask if they have one.

Happy with it so far, thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts