Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just joined ehmac.ca. I'm a long time mac user who has run into some problems. I had an ibook 500, but the motherboard died in July. I am now looking at having it fixed. I guess the options are to replace the motherboard ($$$), which with the new release of the ibook G4, doesn't look so attractive. The alternative is to find an ibook with a dead display and put my display on it. This brings up two questions:1) I need an ibook with a dead display, and 2) I was told (although I don't believe this) that the display from my ibook could only be used on another ibook 500 because the display is directly connected to the video card. This makes no sense to me. If I could, I would like to get a small upgrade out of the deal by getting a 700 or 800 Mhz computer and put my display on it, if it is cost effective (since for 1500$, the new G4 800 is available). Any thoughts as to where I could get an ibook with a dead display, or about what I was told about the display not working with other models of the ibook.

Thanks for the help

Cheers

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sween,

The only place that I can think of is ebay. Even though it has been getting a negative image, I still feel that good deals and odd items can be found.

You may want to contact MacDoc from this board as he may be able to help you (just a guess).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts