Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

ibook singalong for my 2 year old

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  darkscot 
#1 ·
anyone know if the built-in microphone on my ibook is the only way i could record voice on my ibook? could i attach my headphones/microphone to the sound output and use it or would i need that imic device?

and what program would be good for me to record my son's voice singing along to his favourites?

thanks!

#2 ·
Your built-in microphone isn't the only way you can record audio. You can get external mics, like the iMic. That said, when recording, I find turning your volume way down if not off (or putting headphones in the headphone jack is suggested to stop any chance of feedback.

The iMic might be a better choice then your built in microphone as you can move it.

Your iBook shipped with a program called Sound Studio. You can use that to record your son's voice. Just open it up and press record.
It works great.

You can save it as AIFF audio, and then use iTunes to compress it to an Mp3 or AAC depending on your preference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.