Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question isn't very important but I would like to know if the speakers on the 14 inch ibook are better quality and louder than the speakers on the 12 inch powerbook.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Compare:

iBook:

* 16-bit CD-quality stereo headphone jack
* Built-in stereo speakers
* Built-in microphone
* Support for external USB audio devices such as microphones and speakers

Versus Powerbook:

* Audio line in (minijack)
* Headphone out (minijack)
* Built-in stereo speakers with midrange-enhancing third speaker (12-inch and 15-inch models)
* Two built-in stereo speakers (17-inch model)
* Internal omnidirectional microphone

My guess is that the 12" speakers are better, especially with the additional 3rd speaker to boost the midrange.

EDIT: 3000th post. Way too many

[ December 18, 2003, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
You'd have to try them the new systems to figure it out.

I have a 12" iBook (G3) and my wife has 15" Titanium PowerBook. When we drive to the cottage the kids watch a DVD on one of our systems. With the iBook, the kids have to wear headphones or pump the sound through my car stereo (sound amazing) as the sound is way to quite. With the PowerBook, the kids can hear the sound from the built-in speakers acceptably but quite passages are difficult. In a typical hotel room, the iBook can't be heard accross the room where the PowerBook can.

I always chalked the difference up to the PowerBook being a "pro" machine with better sound volume for presentations, production, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.