Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

iBook or Power Mac G4....

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sputnik 
#1 ·
Ok, I gave and decided I could use ehMac's help from helpful people. ;) Here's the story...

Next year I leave for college 2.5 hours from home in another city. Now, where I'll live there, I won't have internet access; the only internet access I'll have is from the college itself. Now - by that time, I'll be running my own Mac-based web site, and from what I said above, with no internet access at my living area, it'll be hard for me to update the site; and can only do it from the college. So... I orginally wanted a Power Mac G4 tower, but now since I NEED to be at the college itself to be online, it looks like an iBook is a better idea, as I need to travel to get online. Thoughts?

Not that I have anything against iBooks, but they are rather slow - unless it's a 800 + MHz model w/32 MB DDR graphics memory. I don't need AirPort. A Powerbook G4 is far too expensive.

#2 ·
As much as a G4 would rock,you can't exactly port that to school.Then again,you can always update at home,disk it,then upload at school.

You do have the option of getting a lower end Powerbook for the price of the highend iBook.That is something I would think about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.