Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day,

My hobby is setting up a Graphite iBook G3 (Mac Os 9.2) to run all the interesting abandonware I find on the Web.

I download stuff on my 2008 Mac Pro (Mac OS X 10.7.5), copy it to a USB stick and then to the iBook.

My Mac Mini (macOS 10.13) and the Mac Pro can see each other through the home network, so can I make the iBook connect in some way using Ethernet?

No more stick transfers if possible.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
check to see if the airport card is installed as it was optional on early ibooks.

ethernet should work no problem, just restricts portability. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Robert.
I installed an Airport card but it's a no-go.
When I try to connect through the Network Browser it says it can't connect to the Mac Pro. Different network protocols?
I'll just stick to the stick for now.

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
I like the idea of firing up old abandonware.

Wish I had kept my pismo or PPC 7300 for such uses.

Had a lot of fun playing those old games which came on the discs attached to various mac mags.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
does the iBook connect to the internet? If so you could try an online free cloud storage site.... though I am guessing any browser in OS 9 will not be supported.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I'll keep plugging away after reading your suggestions.

Way back when, I was addicted to an Asteroids clone called Asterax. That and Spectre. Gonna get me some of that sweet action tonight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts