Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like I might be in a position to buy a new machine in the near future, so I thought I'd test the waters of resale for my current machine (again).

iBook G3 600, 14" display
No dead pixels on display, no colour shift either.
20 GB HD
640 MB of RAM
AirPort Card
All original packaging/CDs/etc
Video Out cable (composite) for TV/Projectors, VGA dongle also.
Mac OS X 10.3 Panther included

All the ports work, the CD drive works jim dandy and I have never had a real problem with the hardware. The only issue is the "Control" key, one of the little clasps that holds it on is busted so it likes to pop off sporadically. I am trying to get a replacement key for it right now.

Any thoughts on what I should be asking?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey PosterBoy.

LMK how much you decide on -- I'm an avid PC user looking to get into the mac world ever since I saw Panther come out.

As such, I probably don't need the higher powered G4 iBook -- although the USB2.0 is definitely good, the slot doesn't really matter to me, and i have no need for airport extreme nor bluetooth. For me -- I'd rather save a few bucks and just get soemthing portable with a good battery.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hey Posterboy,

What type of CD drive does it have? I think that would make a difference. And how long does the battery last for?

I could be in the market for one of these, but I was hoping for a 12" again.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is an 8x8x24x8x Combo drive, and there are two batteries, one that lasts about 3.5 hours, the other 2 hours.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would say your are in the $1000 range. Maybe more with second battery. You might be able to get more than that even on ebay.
I am sure that you also have all the boxs and manuals etc...

I would like to get it but it is out of my price range currently. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts