Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
It doesn't seem totally unbelieveable. I hope that person really did go out and buy one...and Mac should force him to do a Switcher ad. ;)

·
Registered
691 Posts
I think the thing that PC users like this guy dont get is that Apple makes PROFESSIONAL hardware.
The reason why (I think) Apple wont make iApps for PC is the huge headache that comes from hardware compatibility.How many phone calls would they get from people complaining that their 25$ burner from Walmart isnt working with iTunes or their ps/2 digital camera isnt uploading into iPhoto.
I wont even go into the idea of hackers and the new music service,thats an obvious.Maybe we can even get a good virus or 2 in the form of an MP3,PCs are good for hiding things.
This guy has some really valid points and I agree with the fact that 98% of the worlds computers are PC but you pay for what you want.
Go into a Lamborghini dealer and complain to them how they don't offer affordable and compatible engines with your K car.

We pay extra,we get extra.Thats why we love Macs.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I always thought that the iApps were used to show off the Mac.

I think I see some logic in getting iTunes over to Windoze, (could that be part of the deal with the record companies?) but to bring the other iApps to the Windoze platform - well what's then the use of buying a Macintosh?

And that would pretty much turn Apple into a software company. Might make Dvorak and Wall Street dreamers (you should've seen the word I used first...
) happy, but it wouldn't make me happy.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts