Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received word from Apple store (online) that my 17" is yet again backed to a delivery date "on, or before nov. 20". this absolutely blows... I want my laptop right NOW!

I'm very frustrated........ why!?

argh!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,494 Posts
Howing, "patience is a virtue". I am amazed at the inconsistency of the delivery of Macs. New products are announced and are delayed for months. New products, in my opinion, should not be announced until they are ready to ship to a willing buyer. As well, online orders are supposedly quicker. C'est la vie.

You are new to the ways of ehMacLand. Still, there are many here that "feel your pain". Focus upon some other aspect in your life that is positive and the time shall slip away quitely until the arrival of your laptop. I have seen one 17" PB in action and it shall be worth the wait.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I just wanted to write in appreciation of the apple web site store. I ordered 2 items and chose standard shipping (8 to 12 business days, no charge). The first arrived within 2 days and the second within 5 days. Not too bad.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Howing, over the years, I have waited as long as 90 days for new product to arrive.

While I appreciate your frustration, today's delivery times are pretty good compared to what it used to be like.

Dr. G., you advice is excellent. Focusing on the good in your life, is something we should all do every day.

Thanks for the reminder to do so. I shall today.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the encouragement guys! i've got an announcement to make!!!

i just checked my online status again (yah, i know.. i check it five times a day), and it's SHIPPED!!!!

it was shipped out last friday... just that they didn't update it, don't know why... but chances are, i'll be receiving it today! it's already at missisauga "released for delivery"!!!!

by the way.. i paid for the expedited shipping from FedEx.. that's why it's so fast from the US to Canada in 2 days.

I'M HAPPY, ONCE AGAIN!

"good things go to those who wait"... i shall remember those fine words from now on!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,494 Posts
See, howing, all good things DO come to those who are patient. Enjoy your new laptop and let us know your first impressions of using this gem in the Mac diamond necklace.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Howing, you are so damn lucky!!!!

My 17" PB (which, I believe, I ordered on the same day as howing) is nowhere to be seen. Apple has not seen fit to let me have my toy.

I will attempt to take the advice of the good DrG and be patient. But it is very very difficult.

I'm not sure reading the forums is helping.

Next step: Valium! :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kaycee... i will not post this on the macworld forums... basically, i'm very very upset. this may probably be the last Apple purchase I will make.

this is what happened: i got home, actually.. rushed home, and opened the carton... the box looks absolutely stunning, and everything's good.. until I held up the box, and heard rattling and metal clashing into each other inside the box.

it sounds like there's half the styrofoam missing in that box... with all the accessories and the stuff all floating in there... imagine the transit from Texas, to California, to Canada.... I will NOT open that box.

anyway, called Apple online up... and this is what they said:
they're giving me two choices: (a) open the box, and risk 10% in restocking fee if i want to return it for exchange later on, (b) do not open the box, send it back and put another order in.. downfall is: i got to pay shipping.

this is absolutely absurd. I HAVE TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT'S NOT EVEN MY FAULT?!?!?!!! after all my purchases at Apple? I feel that they owe me so much more.. this is absolutely pathetic.

i will be visiting Apple Canada tomorrow to talk with their head customer service.. i will DEMAND for a new one. i have not opened it, and have NO reason why they will not give me a new one.

i'm so sick and tired of this crap. Apple absolutely sucks. I'm so dissapointed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh geez, howing. That's not very good at all.

I've never had any problem with receiving a laptop from Apple.

These recent delays are the most trouble I've ever had. They seem to be cracking up recently. I wonder what's happened.

Keep us all posted.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i did talk to the supervisor... the receptionists are, and always have been, a waste of my time. the supervisor was extremely rude.

anyway, the two choices that i talked about?, they're actually the words of the supervisor. i asked them if he would do this for me.. and he said "no, he cannot bend the policies".

i then asked for his complete name, he said "no, i can only give you my first name, it's against my policy". then i said, "i know of no such policy. i've talked to many people at Apple before, and they all gave me their full names", then he says "i'm not obligated to give you my last name", to which i replied "then it's not the policy, then!"... LOL!

what an absolute failure... anyway, his name is MICHAEL, at extension 46389. he's an absolute prick, i told him that i will complain to him with Apple Canada. you have no idea what kind of relations I have with Apple Canada. the last time a service provider damaged my powerbook, I had them replace it, and give me a tour!

what pricks! totally ruined my purchasing experience....
$5000 for this BS!

[ November 17, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: howing ]

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
UPDATE:

went to Apple Canada today, talked with Bupe, the head supervisor for all customer relations in Canada, told him to shake the box and he was absolutely shocked. he promised me that he would take care of it and give me a new one. He will call Apple, give me a RMA by the end of the day, and they'll get a box to send the old one back with the new one coming in 2 days later.

sigh... i'm telling you, Bupe's the only reason why I'm still with Apple... i've yet to have a perfect purchase from Apple. My 15" had paint flaking off 9 hours after I opened the box, the logic board shortly went after that, my iBook has screen problems, and my iPod was stolen....

my iSight and the bluetooth mouse seems to be the only things OK from Apple.. and ironically, that's only because I haven't even opened the box for them yet!

my luck..................

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Must be about a dozen dealers in Toronto that have this in stock.

This story give a bad taste to ordering direct.IMHO and very biased opinion at that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Howing, I'm really happy your going to get things sorted out. :D

Can you ask this Bupe individual where the hell MY powerbook is?

As for ordering direct from Apple, I've had 3 laptops, an iSight, 2 iPods and few other things over the years ordered directly from them and only ever had one small issue. One of the keys came loose on my first iBook after about 2 months of work. One call to Applecare and they shipped out a new keyboard for me.

Even though the statistics would be little consolation to anyone who has been burned, I would be interested to know the percentage of problems Apple has. On these forums, you tend to get more negative news than positive, I would imagine it skews ones perspective a little.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts