Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
I'm in need of some help. My friend is giving me a Powerbook 140 and I need a disk image (a .image file) put on a floppy disk. I also need a way to get apps on to a floppy that I downloaded (i have tried HFVExplorer and tested in mini vmac but the files were there but I could not open them). One more question: is it possible in any way to network my Powerbook 140 with a modem (pluged into a localtalk port) to the internet or for file sharing through my dell 4600 (with pci modem)?

Thanks.

P.S. I have to use my winblows xp computer to this (it has an internal floppy).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't got one

I don't have any other mac. I know it's a shock but the dell 4600 is the only computer I have (unless you count the wii with it's internet channel and my wifi router).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uses

There are many uses for an old mac other than a door stop. I personally like old macs. I'm going to use it for games (pong, pacman, ect), typing, paint, and possibly e-mail. I just need a way to get my downloaded apps from my pc (with floppy) to my old powerbook 140. The big reason I'm buying this laptop off my friend (for $1 Oh Yah!) is because in my house with 5 people there is only one computer (the crappy dell that is on pc world's top ten worst computers ever made).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did not work

I tried the Transmac program (borrowed from a friend) and it did not open the .image files. The files are the system 7 installer, disk tools, tidbits, ect. I realy need those files. if anybody can make .dsk files on them and put them in a zip archive and post them. Or can anybody can point my to a program that will work with the files.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
found out the file

I found out the file is an apple disk image and im wondering if i can just put that on a floppy with my pc and put it in the mac and boot from it. can i do that or do I have to give up. or can somebody give my a .img or .dsk of the install disks and disk tools.

EDIT: I found out that gemulator explorer can open the files and i can see the contents and drag them on to my desktop. Though when I click "write image to disk" gemulator freezes and I can't do anything but it hasn't done writen anything so I don't have re-format the disk. Can somebody tell me if there is another product the same as gemulator but that dosent crash on my pc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts