Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2,244 Posts
From an ID perspective, there are other alternatives:
LCBO Social Responsibility
The BYID card is only valid for those 19-35 (lame - old people don't drink?)
Also, my wife has one of these, and about half of of the places she's presented it don't even know what it is. One place even refused to serve her because they didn't know about it. The card is "solely for the purpose of purchasing beverage alcohol in Ontario"

Also:
CIC Canada | Application for a Citizenship Certificate from Inside Canada
Canadian Citizenship Card (want to get one of these personally) <- there not just for immigrants ya know.

Passport Canada: Applying for a passport
Canadian Passport

Always good to have multiple ID. Especially good if you leave some locked up at home, and your wallet gets lost or stolen. There is nothing harder than trying to prove you are who you are when you have NO ID at all.

· Registered
11 Posts
NB health cards don't require photo id... but they can be a pain in the ass to replace if you're living out of province. My wallet got stolen, and i needed to get a new one, and my sister filled out all the forms for me, and they refused to mail me a new one to montreal, where i go to school. And as luck would have it, i got seriously ill (*i have a bad ulcer, and i was vomiting up blood, and really needed to go to the hospital*) and couldn't, because i had to wait until my sister got the card mailed to her, and then mailed it to me. Was the most horrible two weeks of my life.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.