Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, well this may be old news but it's new to me sort of...remember in the old days of OS 7, 8 and 9? remember if you had a few macs kicking around you could sometimes take a harddrive from one and use it on another without any problems (there are times this did'nt work either!) but I always had luck doing this..well I sold my ibook to another nice fellow on this list the other day and backed up my stuff to my external firewire 60 gig hd that I used with my ibook when I am at home..I installed OSX 10.2.6 on it and used it as my main drive because it is faster than the internal...well now that I sold the ibook I bought a dual 800 with a bad HD..so I decided to hook up my firewire disk to the tower and see what would happen..well I first pulled the other HD out and then turned the tower on...well it booted and booted fast! no problems at all...I have now installed that drive into the machine and it works just dandy...I did not know OSX could do this! especially being such different machines! oh well I am going to do a fresh install anyways do to the different video drivers etc...but thats cool! anyways try that in the stinkin windows world...or even try to have a dual boot pentium..one with windows 95 and windows xp...HAHAHAHA yeah right...thanks for reading this! Mark

·
Registered
189 Posts
Very interesting! This reminds me of something I saw a while back on the internet about a guy who built a RAID with 5 or 6 floppy drives right from OSX disk utilities. It also reminds me of my own story of how the superior computing powers of Microsoft Windows switched me to the Mac about 3 years ago.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.