Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
be it for OS 9, win2k or Panther w/ my Bose speakers - the sound that gets produced is just fantastic - such deep bass
Visualizer is cool too - i have been watching it for 2 days now and seem to think there is a correlation between volum and Visualizer

anyone know anymore on how it works?

i know i harp on Apple pretty good, but bravo on this product

·
Registered
728 Posts
i concur, itunes is great.
yes i also like to know if there's a sequence to the visualizer or is it just entirely random?
there's always a new pattern once in a while, and they always go with the beat of the music. very fancy.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I think they nicked it from MS media player...

·
Registered
92 Posts
the iTunes visualizer is definitely the best I've ever seen - completely mesmerizing. I love the sharing feature: at university, I can stream the music of all the Mac users in the whole building! Also, its fun to try and figure out who everyone is and meet them all... I find that Mac users are the best people I meet! I have yet to meet a bad one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
if you think the apple visualizer is cool, you should download more plugins for more options.
i highly recommend g-force (actually much better than the apple visualizer, in my opinion), which you can get here:
http://www.55ware.com/

and whitecap is also very good. made by the same guy.
i have a bunch of others installed, but i got them by just searching around...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Oh, man...

I'd forgotten all about G-Force. I used to use it with Audion and Soundjam.

Downloaded it again and inserted it in iTunes.

Of all the dagnabbed, non-productive, time-wasting activities.....its great!

There goes the evening. :cool:

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
never heard of G-Force, but now i have
very cool
already loaded in iTunes..

thanx

·
Registered
933 Posts
Yes I love iTunes too (but) ...

I really really wish that I could get rid of one of the visualizer colour combos. It's called "Basic" and it is that annoying Christmas-like combo of White, Red and Green. Unfortunatley, despite a significant effort on my part, I've been unable to find out where the visualizer library (or whatever) exists. I tried looking at the 3rd party plug-ins for clues to where they stash their resources, tried looking for invisible files that might fit the bill. Nothing.

Unfortunately I think that G-force (which I agree is at least as good as the built-in visuallizer) sends calls to the same resources so I'm stuck with Basic every few minutes when I use it as well.

[/end rant]

Yes I know that this is a very very small quibble.

Still I'm willing to entertain any bright ideas that any of you might have (haven't had any luck in any other Mac forums however).

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
don't know if you tried Help yet, but this is what i found;

For some effects, you can set additional options. With the Visualizer button selected, click the Options button, if available. Or type ? on your keyboard, then press the indicated key to use an option (not all visual effects support this).

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i pressed "?" and then pressed 0,1,2,.....9 and pressed "C" after each number to see the name of the pattern

hope that helps

·
Registered
933 Posts
That's how I noticed the name of the colour scheme that was bugging me (Basic). If you hit "C" you'll get a read out of three lines of text. The colour scheme is the last line.

I like the random pattern generation (that's kind of the whole point to a visualizer IMO) but unfortunately, there's no way to tell iTunes that there are patterns or colour schemes you don't want to see (short of watching the same combo over and over).

That's what I'm trying to find out, where is the library or resource list that iTunes calls so I can go in and delete the one I don't want?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
mcni - When the visualizer is on, and Basic comes on, try out pressing (q/w, a/s, and z/x), as those three sets of two (one for forward, one for backward) go through the various "settings" of the iTunes visualizer. I haven't used it all too much however, but that should give you a quick fix.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I know that you can change it if you're running iTunes using the "z/x" combo but c'mon, if I've got the visualizer on am I really going to run over and skip the colour scheme forward one notch every time Basic pops up (b/c it does, all the settings cycle every few seconds)? I don't hate it that much.

All I want to do is kill it so it nevers comes back.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I just bought a brand new 20GB iPod, and i am AMAZED. What a fabulous piece of technology!

iTunes/iPod=Utopia

Can't wait to use this baby in the car today!

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
I have the 20 gig iPod as well and its incredible. I have a line in jack on my car stereo so no need for a tape adapter or iTrip, also found a line in jack for my stereo in my room so I can listen to my music almost everywhere. This is one incredible piece of technology!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts