Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 22 years of PCs, this is my first mac AND first laptop!

I just got it today, and in a few hours I have to head out for the long weekend, and can't bring my iBook :(

I would like more time to play, but so far I am happy with what I've seen. OSX feels fine to me, in terms of speed.

Expect some newbie questions from me next week!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Fantastic. I'm a recent switchee, as well. It now feels like second nature to me, even though I use a PC at work from 9-5. Except for a few questions here and there, I'm completely comfortable with OS X.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Hey welcome jonmon! Glad to have you one ehMac! Fire away with your questions! There's lots of us here to help!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,372 Posts
Kudos to you, jonmon.

Apple should have not only "switch" commercials, but an appeal for those who once used Apple computers to "come back home" with one of the new Apple computers. I would give anything to recapture the thrill of getting my first computer, an Apple IIe, and seeing all it could do re CAI/CAL, word processing, etc. Sigh, just like one's first love, this moment cannot be truly recaptured.
C'est la vie.......still, one can hope to refind that "joie de vivre".

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome aboard! Glad to see yet another Windows switcher.

You'll find the Mac transition to be simple & straightforward. The OS just makes sense!

Have fun!

Regards,
DJ

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Congrats, indeed! iBooks are sweeeeeet!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,372 Posts
It was two years ago that I decided to rejoin the Mac community and purchase the newly issued iBook. Now I find myself waiting for the newly issued 2GHz G5 PowerMac. Amazing what progress has been made in two years.

Still, in that classic line from Casablanca, "Welcome back to the fight. Now I know our side will win."

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warn welcome guys, but I've been lurking on this board for quite a while ;)

I'm starting to get the hang of OSX. It looks like all the programs are self-contained in their own folders? Reminds me of DOS
I didn't like how Windows installed their programs all over the place.

I'm the only one that has switched in my family, so I will still have a PC in the house, but I will work my conversion powers hehe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts