Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My students are using GB to create their own soundtracks for a project....except now they are choosing the same FREAKING guitar riff and time signatures. I told them to edit their loops (if they opt for the cut and past method) to vary up the melodic lines...but they ignored that this afternoon. We will be having a review on editing, scoring and song planning tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how things go as well as post the best song.

BTW, I LOVE GB....but a message to the cut and paster: EDIT loops and don't have the same guitar or keyboard riff playing for 64 bars etc....

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
Makes you miss the old days with Sound App don't it?,
I used to play around with tons of sound programs.

I'm hoping that I'll get a chance to try out Cubasis 2.0 VST for
Mac soon and see how that compares to Garagebrand.

Dave :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Yeah. It's like "iMovie for music". you can sequence and record on it, but if people ar relying on loops... well gosh, that AINT composing a song, is it?

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I would argue that working with loops and arranging them to create music IS composing. It's just that the emphasis now is on creative arranging, sampling, editing. A person with no musical skill or at least not a good concept of how a song is arranged will have extreme difficulty pulling off quality tunes. My two cents anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts